Warning: No work shall be repeated at any stage of the competition. All the pieces, with the exception of the obligatory contemporary piece, must be played from memory.
First round – Second round :
The contestant must present the following program, dividing the pieces between the first round (20’ maximum) and the second round (35’ maximum), in the order of his/her choice and within the allotted time limit. Every rounds are eliminatory :
– One prelude and fugue from “The Well-Tempered Clavier” by J.-S. Bach,
– One Etude from opus 10 or 25 by Chopin,
– One Etude by another composer,
– One work or one suite of works of the same opus from the romantic repertory of a duration of 7 to 20 minutes composed between 1828 and 1897.
– A complete Sonata by Beethoven (repeats are optional).
Semi-final: Recital (40′ minimum, 50′ maximum)
A program of the contestant’s choice including the Poème for piano, opus 5 by Elise Bertrand (commissioned by the Competition – duration : 5’ – score sent on reception of the registration form and fee), and one work of a french composer written between the 17th and 21st century
Final round: One Concerto to choose among the followings :
Beethoven : Concerto # 3 in C minor, opus 37
Chopin : Concerto # 2 in F minor, opus 21
Liszt : Concerto # 1 in E flat Major, S. 124
Mozart : Concerto # 23 in A Major, K. 488
Rachmaninov : Concerto # 1 in F # minor, opus 1
Ravel : Concerto in Sol